We recognize that privacy is an important issue, therefore The Papandayan is dedicated and committed to protecting and safeguarding your personal data. We have developed this Statement to explain our practices regarding the personal information we collect from you or about you on this site or via our apps, through written or verbal communications with us, when you visit our property, or from other sources. We want you to trust that the information that you have provided to us is being properly managed and protected.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In order for us to process reservations to our hotels as well as receive customer service requests, The Papandayan will collect the following information:
• Your name, address, email information, telephone number, credit card information, arrival and departure dates, airline frequent-flyer information or information on similar customer-loyalty programmes.
• Information from special requests made (e.g. preferences pertaining to specific accommodation, purchase of goods and services).
• Information from observations about your service preferences (including amenities, room preference, facilities or services used).
• Information provided regarding marketing preferences.
• Information provided in the course of feedback, customer satisfaction survey, contests or promotional offers.
• Information collected through the use of closed circuit television systems, card key and other security systems.
• Contact and other relevant details concerning the employees of corporate accounts, vendors and other individuals with whom we partner in business (e.g. travel agents or meeting and event planners).
• Additional contact information about you that we may obtain through third parties with whom we do business (e.g. travel agents or similar providers).
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM THIRD PARTIES
We may collect this information through different channels, including from you directly, from third parties with whom we do business (e.g., such as travel agents, airlines, event planners or similar providers).
We may request you to provide personal information about others to us (e.g., individuals for whom you are making a reservation on behalf of). In such cases, we rely on you to obtain such other persons’ consent for disclosing their information to us which we will use in accordance with the terms of our Privacy Statement.
If you choose not to provide certain details, however, some of your transactions with us may be impacted.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED ABOUT YOU
We use your personal information in a number of ways, including to provide and personalize the services you request and expect from The Papandayan, to offer you the expected level of hospitality in-room and throughout our property, conduct direct marketing and sales promotions and as set forth below in more detail. We will collect your consent prior to processing your data where required by applicable law.
We are obligated to collect certain data, including your name, address, payment information, and, in certain countries, travel document information, in order to process your reservation. Failure to provide this information will result in our inability to process your reservation
Usage of personal information is required (but not limited to) in order to:
• Provide services you request, such as to facilitate reservations through email of a confirmation message, send a pre-arrival message to provide additional information about the hotel and the area
• We may use your personal information to provide you with information about meeting and event planning.
• Where permitted we may use your personal information to provide or offer you newsletters, promotions and featured specials, as well as other marketing messages in accordance with any communications preferences you have expressed. We use your information to provide in-stay messaging, account alerts, and reservation confirmations; to send you marketing messages; and to conduct surveys, sweepstakes, prize draws, and other contests. We may provide these communications via email, postal mail, online advertising, social media, telephone, and text message (including SMS and MMS).
• We may use your personal information to improve The Papandayan’s services and to ensure that our site, products, and services are of interest to you. We also use your personal information to provide you with the expected level of hospitality in-room and throughout our properties. This may include providing you with the ability to control your in-room technology through our website or apps on your personal devices.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose personal information in the following ways:
• Personal information provided to us for reservation is made available to hotel for the purpose of ensuring your reservation request is made
• Post departure, we will retain your personal information which includes details of your stay, room type and special requests/preferences
The Papandayan will disclose customer information, without the customer’s permission, if the The Papandayan believes, in good faith, that such disclosures are required by any applicable law or court order or if such disclosures are necessary to investigate activities that may be harmful or injurious to The Papandayan website, to The Papandayan guests, employees, or agents.
PROTECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Papandayan treats personal information provided to us as confidential. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from accidental deletion, loss and unauthorised access, disclosure or modification.
We also seek to require our affiliates and service providers with whom we share personal information to exercise reasonable efforts to maintain the confidentiality of personal information about you. For online transactions, we use reasonable technological measures to protect the personal information that you transmit to us via our site. Unfortunately, however, no security system or system of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure.
USING OUR WEBSITE, MOBILE APPLICATIONS AND OTHER TECHNOLOGY
Subject to local consent requirements, we may use this and other information we collect, such as a hashed email address, to help us and our third-party service providers identify other devices that you use (e.g., a mobile phone, tablet, other computer, etc.). We, and our third-party service providers, also may use the cross-device tracking and other information we learn about you to serve targeted advertising on your devices. We also use the information that we collect to improve our products and services as well as your experience when visiting our websites and using our mobile applications.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
What is a cookie?
A “cookie” is technology that allows our website to store tokens of information (an ‘identifier’) in your browser used only by our website while you are on our website. Cookies are not used to determine the personal identity of anyone who is merely visiting our website. They serve to help us track traffic patterns to determine a user’s preferred location and language for us to direct user to the correct country home page when they visit our website. On specific pages of our website, cookies are used to help us track your interests while you browse the internet. This is to assist us to understand what is important to you and to tailor more relevant direct marketing to you.
How do I disable cookies?
You can set your computer to warn you each time a cookie is sent or turn off all cookies (except Flash cookies) through your browser. Check your browser’s Help menu or your built-in mobile device settings to find out how. If you do not accept cookies, some features, services or activities that are available on our Websites may be affected and you may be unable to perform certain transactions, use certain functionality, and access certain content.
What cookies do we use?
The cookies used by our website are classified as below:
• Session cookies which are automatically deleted once you close your browser.
• Throughout the online reservation process to remember dates used in hotel searches, check room availability and fulfil reservation.
• Measure usage of pages on our website to help us make our information more personalised and easily accessible.
• Track customer response to The Papandayan’ s advertisements and Website content.
• To track the effectiveness of an email campaign and to allow our service provider to collate statistics on the campaign.
• Serve ads through third-party advertising technology when you visit our Website and sites upon which we advertise. In the course of serving our advertisements to you, unique third-party persistent cookies, clear gifs or beacon gifs may be placed on your computer or device, provided by our ad-serving providers, to help manage our online advertising and which recognize when a device visits our Websites, to learn which banner ads bring users to our Websites and to track whether a reservation is made. The information our ad-serving providers and we collect through this technology is not personally identifiable but is used to create a profile which allows the ad-serving provider to serve adverts targeted towards you and your interests across the ad-serving network.
What are Web Beacons?
The Papandayan may advertise on third party Web sites. In order to track the success of our advertising campaigns, we may use a visitor identification technology such as “web beacons,” or “action tags,” which provide visitors’ statistics on our website after being exposed to our advertisement on third party site. This technology is not used to access your personal information and is only used to compile aggregated statistics about visitors to measure the effectiveness of our advertising efforts.
THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS AND WEBSITES
To provide services to our clients, through both the The Papandayan website and other communications, The Papandayan relies on third parties. The Papandayan requires such providers to conform to these privacy policies and guidelines as stated in statutory law. However, The Papandayan shall not be held responsible for their conduct if they fail to abide by these policies and guidelines.
RETAINING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We retain personal information about you for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Statement, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law. We retain personal information collected in order to fulfil guest reservations for seven years after the stay is completed. We retain other personal information for shorter periods of time if possible and if permitted by law.
We will destroy your personal information as early as practicable and in a way that the information may not be restored or reconstructed.
If printed on paper, the personal information will be destroyed in a secure manner, such as by cross-shredding or incinerating the paper documents or otherwise and, if saved in electronic form, the personal information will be destroyed by technical means to ensure the information may not be restored or reconstructed at a later time
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
The email communications you receive from The Papandayan is intended to be useful to you, and you have indicated that you want to receive such information. We provide you the ability to unsubscribe from all marketing communications on offers and promotions and survey. You can do so by following the instructions in relation to opting-out from the unsubscribe link provided in our email communications to you.
ACCURACY OF DATA COLLECTED
The Papandayan takes the information you have provided as accurate and complete and will use the information as stated accordingly.
UPDATING OR ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you want to inquire about any personal information we may have about you, you can do so by sending us a written request by letter or email to the address set out in section 10. Please be sure to include your full name, address and telephone number and a copy of a document evidencing your identity (such as an ID card or passport) so we can ascertain your identity and whether we have any personal information regarding you, or in case we need to contact you to obtain any additional information, we may require to make that determination.
You may request we correct, cancel, and/or stop processing personal information that we hold about you. If we agree that the personal information is incorrect, or that the processing should be stopped, we will delete or correct the personal information. If we do not agree that the personal information is incorrect we will tell you that we do not agree and record the fact that you consider that personal information to be incorrect in the relevant files.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION/QUESTIONS OR COMPLAINTS
If you have any questions or privacy concerns or would like to submit a request to update your personal data, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to:
Attn: Marketing Communication Manager
Jl. Gatot Subroto No 83
West Java – Indonesia
We may modify this Statement from time to time. When we make material changes to this Statement we will post a link to the revised Statement on the homepage of our site, and if you have registered for any of your products or services, will may also inform you though a communications channel that you have provided. You can tell when this Statement was last updated by looking at the link and at the date at the top of the Statement. Any changes to our Statement will become effective upon posting of the revised Statement on the site. Use of the site, any of our products and services, and/or providing consent to the updated Statement following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Statement then in effect